Anaphylaxis Awareness - 10313NAT
Anaphylaxis Course Melbourne
The Anaphylaxis Awareness course Melbourne provides knowledge on the recognition and management of anaphylaxis, risk assessment, risk minimisation and Anaphylaxis First Aid procedures. The Anaphylaxis Awareness course is for anyone that has a “Duty of Care” for a person at risk of anaphylaxis. The course meets the requirements of Ministerial Order 90 and the Victorian Children's Services Regulations regarding the Anaphylaxis Awareness Training required by school and children's services staff.
Cost of the course is $75.00 and includes training, assessment, certificate, workbooks and registration fee.
To book Anaphylaxis Awareness course in Melbourne you can:
- Book online
- Telephone reception on 1300 253 781
- Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit us at Level 6, 250 Collins Street, Melbourne.
This course will:
- Provide staff and carers of people with anaphylaxis knowledge to enable them to maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Raise awareness about allergies and anaphylaxis amongst staff, carers, parents and the community.
- Actively involve staff, carers and parents to ensure they are able to assess risks, develop risk minimisation strategies and management strategies for an individual person in their care with anaphylaxis.
- Ensure staff and other relevant adults caring for a person with anaphylaxis have adequate knowledge of allergies, anaphylaxis and emergency procedures.
- Facilitate communication to ensure the safety and wellbeing of a person at risk of anaphylaxis.
What is covered in Anaphylaxis Awareness Training?
The Training will provide persons working in a Children's Service with the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognise signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction
- Manage and treat an allergic reaction
- Understand and implement a child's anaphylaxis management plan
- Minimise the risk of an allergic reaction occurring within the service
- Administer an adrenaline auto injecting device, such as an EpiPen ®
- Participants will have to achieve competency in:
- Recognition of allergy and anaphylaxis – Scenario tested
- Administration of an Adrenaline Auto-injecting device – Scenario tested
- Demonstrate knowledge of course content – True / False Test
10313NAT course in Anaphylaxis Awareness is comprised of two core units:
- ANAMAW001A Manage anaphylaxis in the workplace
- ANAIPP001A Interpret anaphylaxis policies and procedures
Who should attend Anaphylaxis Awareness training?
- Children’s services staff
- School staff
- Visiting specialists to children’s services and schools
- Community organisations
- Sporting organisations
There are no specific entry requirements or pre-requisites but it is recommended that participants have literacy and numeracy competencies equivalent to National Reporting System (NRS) Level 2. Current CPR is not required.
Participants will receive the following to assist in training:
- Participant information manual
- Sample Anaphylaxis Management Plan
Upon successful completion, the attendee will receive a Statement of Attainment.
This course is valid for 3 years.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):
The Asthma Foundation of Victoria recognises previous experiences and competencies that participants may have. Recognition of Prior Learning is available to participants who can demonstrate competencies within allergy/anaphylaxis management and risk minimisation fields.
This is an accredited training course of 3 hours contact time plus time required for the participant to develop a Risk Assessment Plan for their workplace.
DEECD funded Anaphylaxis Awareness Training
- The DEECD is no longer funding (free of charge) Anaphylaxis Awareness Training to persons working in Children’s Service in Victoria.